The time is right to stay more connected than ever from the safety of your home. At New York Center for Living, our professional staff are standing by waiting to support you and your family through the tangle of treatment options that can be confusing in a non-pandemic time, let alone through a quarantined state.
The good news is that our reach has now expanded. We are available to you in any part of the country through our Telehealth zoom sessions. Even if you and your family are not sitting in the same space, we are able to virtually bring you together to create and maintain a treatment plan that will fit your individual needs.
CALL US AT (212) 712-8800 and speak directly to our program receptionist.
Starting with our comprehensive treatment process, our team will meet with you to create a comprehensive assessment. Our team of therapists, joined by our Director of Admissions, will meet together with you and your family. We will follow up with a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation provided by our Medical Director and her team. We will engage in comprehensive coordination with past and current treatment providers. All of your documentation can be handled digitally and signatures can be confidentially administered through DOCUSIGN. Within 24 hours of your first phone call we can and will respond immediately to offer solutions. Just call (212) 712-8800 to connect with our receptionist or ask for Elaine Dolan,
Whether you are seeking advice as to your next steps or looking to enter outpatient (individual/family/group counseling) or intensive outpatient treatment (9 hours or more of counseling per week) we can help. For family members who are looking to explore options on behalf of their adolescent or young adult, we standby willing and able to engage in a wide range of options including phone counseling, individual sessions and/or parent support groups that can lead the way to your loved one seeking treatment.
We offer a wide range of evidence-based and experiential treatment designed to target multiple domains that hold concurrent importance in your life: substance use, mental health, peer relations, family, school, vocational and recreation. More importantly, we will join with you and your peers in a virtual community that will provide you with a network of support in which to grow.
CONSENT TO USE Telehealth
Patient Name: _________________________
I consent to the use of Telehealth in compliance with NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) issue of regulatory relief to facilitate treatment options consistent with Governor Cuomo’s declaration of a disaster emergency (Executive Order 202 -hereinafter “EO”) due to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, outbreak.
1. I understand that the New York Center for Living wishes me to engage in a Telehealth consultation for mental health counseling purposes during the coronavirus outbreak.
2. I understand that video conferencing technology will be used to affect a consultation and that it will not be the same as a direct patient/health care provider visit due to the fact that I will not be in the same room as my health care provider.
3. The New York Center for Living has purchased Zoom Web Conferencing to ensure HIPAA compliance and confidentiality. I understand there are potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, and technical difficulties.
4. I understand that either the New York Center for Living or I can discontinue the Telehealth consult/visit if it is felt that the videoconferencing connections are not adequate for the situation or due to technical difficulties and that we will resume contact via telephone.
5. I understand that my appointment information may be shared with other individuals as is usual and customary with in-person sessions for the sole purpose of scheduling and billing and collaboration with other members of our treatment team.
6. I have had a conversation with the New York Center for Living and I have had the opportunity to ask questions in regard to the use of Telehealth. My questions have been answered and the risks, benefits and any practical alternatives were discussed in a language in which I understand.
7. I understand that by using Telehealth I agree not to either video or audio record the content of any part of the session under any circumstances.
8. I am agreeing to the stipulation that no one is to be present during the session that is not specifically designated to be there for the counseling session. If we believe that someone is present in the room or is able to overhear our conversation, then the session will end immediately and will only resume when we believe that the confidentiality of our session will be maintained.
9. I am agreeing to remain in a private well-lit space and to be dressed in an appropriate manner throughout the session.
10. The laws that protect confidentiality of any medical information also apply to online psychotherapy.
11. In the event that the therapist believes that there is a risk of harm to self or others, or in the event of the belief that there is a danger of abuse or neglect, the therapist will take appropriate action steps in compliance with professional norms.
By signing this form, I certify:
• That I have read or had this form read and/or had this form explained to me.
• That I fully understand its contents including the risks and benefits of the procedure(s).
• That I have been given ample opportunity to ask questions and that any questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
Download Consent Form Here