This educational series is free and open to the public. Join us each month for informative sessions led by a member of our our executive director. Each session offers a 45-minute lecture on topics related to adolescent addiction and recovery, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.Advance registration is requested as space is limited and reservations are taken in the order by which they are received. To register, email email@example.com.This series covers the fundamental issues affecting families who are experiencing problems with defiant adolescents. Topics include:
- Signs and symptoms – How to determine if someone you know is out to scam you.
- What to do if you think your child doesn’t want to follow the guidelines.
- How to motivate an adolescent or young adult to participate in the programs.
- Is it anxiety? Is it stressful living enviorments? Or is it both?
- How to help a sibling cope stay on the program.
- How to untangle distress signals and know when to intervenea
- Phases of the program as its an ongoing process and everyone’s need for support and guidance varies. This Q&A provides an overview of the three different phases to meet individuals and their families wherever they are in this journey.
- Self-care and nutrition – Tips and tools to use to help you during your program and focusing on healthy living, nutrition and overall wellness
Professional Training and Continuing Education Credit Workshops
New York Center for Living offers training courses for professionals, provided by our team and respected guests presenters in the field of addiction, recovery and family therapy. Our programs are open to all, and CEU course credit is available for LMSW, LCSW and CASAC with advance registration. Programs range from two to eight hours. CEU credits vary by course, depending on the length of the program. Breakfast provided.Topics include how to identify student drug use and what to do; treatment options for children and young adults; how to get a family to accept their child when they are insubordinate; and the legal rights to intervene on behalf of a minor. Advance registration is requested as space is limited and reservations are taken in the order by which they are received. For more information, contact us at
Contact Us Today!