- This event has passed.
How to Engage Highly Resistant Adolescents and Young Adults in the Process of Recovery Treatment
January 24, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
New York Center for Living is excited to partner with Newport Academy to present “How to Engage Highly Resistant Adolescents and Young Adults in the Process of Treatment and Recovery”, presented by Liz Jorgensen, CADC.
Liz has 30 years experience with adolescent and adult psychotherapy and counseling and is nationally recognized as an expert in counseling, in engaging resistant teens and motivating them to change.
Participants will learn:
- The basic tenants of the Self Medication Hypothesis of addictive disorders and be able to identify the data supporting this theory.
- The strategies of ‘educational; and motivational interviewing with adolescents and young adults.
- To learn and rehearse the technique of the ‘Amnesty Proposal’ and rules of family engagement.
- To accurately identify the most common pre-existing and underlying psychiatric and psychological risks to addictive disorders.
- Learn and commit to self care goal for the coming year of clinical practice, and much more.
2 CEU’s are offered for LMSW/LCSW & CASAC’s. A light breakfast will be provided.
This is a free event.
Click the link below to register or contact Neil Harman at 212.712.8814 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.